June 14, 2011

Chinese dumpling

The other day when I asked my family about the recipe for the chinese sticky rice dumplings, they also gave me the recipes for chinese dumplings and spring rolls. I always know that dumplings have minced pork and veggie (like boy choy, mushroom), but when I made them myself a while ago, the texture of the stuffing was really dry. I asked my mom about it and she suggested me to add corn starch and water into the mix. I tried it again and this time I used minced pork, mini boy choy, chinese mushroom, soy sauce, salt, corn starch, water and sesame oil. They tasted a lot better than the ones I made before, but still not the greatest dumplings I have ever had. Somehow it's a bit blend. I guess I'll just have to try it again with more seasoning. (btw, I didn't make the dumpling skins. They can be bought fresh from chinese grocery stores like T&T)




No comments:

Post a Comment