June 14, 2011

Garden (from spring to summer)

Our place doesn't have a yard (hopefully one day we will have one!) and so all my plants are in containers. I started gardening last summer and it went quite well. This year I was a little more ambitious and decided to try out more plants. I got snow peas, sweet basil, italian parsley, pole beans, spring onions, carrots, mints, rosemary, salad mix, lots of lettuces, arugula, garlic chives, and some fowers.


I started the garden early this year (in May! I couldn't wait for summer to come). It was too early for seeds to grow and so I cheated... I bought the young plants from a farm and transplant them into my containers. Here are some pictures in May and June:

Tulips and pansies in May
 
My garden in May
 
Left to right: Carrots and Snow peas in June
(look how much taller the peas grew!).
Looks like we are gonna have peas soon.

Left to right: Carrots and Snow peas in May



 


 


From top left clockrise: Lettuces, spring onions, garlic chives
 and arugula, salad mix, lettuce, and rosemary in May

From top left clockwise: Lettuces, spring onions, carrots,
garlic chives and arugula, salad mix and rosemary in June

Lots of lettuces in June. We use them in burgers and
salads all the time and they just keep growing back!
Italian parsley. There is also a edemame within the pot.
We will see how it turns out.
English mint from last summer.

Rose from last year. There was some mold
and some spittle bugs infested on it a while
ago. I sprayed with some homemade pesticides
and mold killer (made from puree jalepeno peppers,
garlic, water and liquid soap). It worked after just
spraying it one day!
Pole beans that somehow managed to climb
onto my rose! I wonder if that's ok...

No comments:

Post a Comment